- glass bottle (should stand stable and have a narrow neck, e.g. a beer bottle)
- egg (as an alternative: table tennis ball)
- laces (each 1-2 meters long, at least as many as participants)
- ring, needs to fit easily over the neck of the bottle. You can use a short lace for that as well.
Fasten all the laces to the ring, resulting in a star-shaped device (or spider-shaped). This device (the ring) should still fit over the neck of the bottle.
You can influence the level of difficulty by using shorter (or longer) laces.
The bottle is put in the middle of the floor, standing upright. The egg is put next to it. The device is also laying on the floor.
The participants now get the task: put the egg on the bottle (on its neck). You may not touch the egg (or the bottle), but you may use the device (the laces), which you may only touch at the (outer) ends of the laces. Each player may only touch one of the laces.
- The game Promenading peg is quite similar.