If this is two
If this is two ... is a prominent riddle. The solution is quite easy, but can you find it just by listening to examples of correct answers?
You don't need any equipment for this riddle.
The trainer - or somebody else who knows the correct solution - ask several questions:
- He raises his right hand, and presents any number of fingers (zero to five). [let's call this number A]
- Additionally, he claims: "if this is [any number], ..." [this number is B]
- Then, he shows another number of fingers [number C]
- And says "... then this is [number D]".
Usually, he for all four numbers, values between zero and five are valid (unless you got more fingers :-) )
All the participants have to guess, what the correct number D is (depending on A, B, and C). So, usually, after a few initial rounds, the trainer does not tell the number D, but instead asks "what would then be that?".
- The game is used in the computer adventure Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge.
If you are to lazy to find the solution by yourself, you can find it here: if this is two/solution