The horse race is an ice breaker game for groups standing in a circle. The trainer presents a horse race and all participants represent horses, that compete in that race.
You don't need any equipment for that game.
All the participants represent horses that participate in a horse race. The trainer starts to clap with his hands on his lap, imitating the horses walking out of their stables towards the race track.
Before the race, the track is presented to the players. So, they slowly (slow clapping on the lap) walk along the track. The trainer introduces all the obstacles of the course:
- right or left curve: all horses lean in that direction.
- left right combination: two combinations of the curves.
- obstacle: the horses have to jump over them (real jumping, or at least throwing the hands into the air).
- double, triple obstacle: two or three obstacles right behind each other.
- water jump: imitate water with sounds of your mouth (for instance, by clapping on your cheeks).
- wooden bridge: drumming on the chest.
- tribune of the screeching girls: screeching like girls.
- tribune of the roaring boys: roaring like boys.
- of course, you can add other elements to the game.
After the game is presented to the players, the real race stars. The only difference here is, that the clapping on the lap is much faster. Of course, you first walk to the start, wait for the starting signal. And, there is a home stretch (even faster clapping), and a photo taken of the winner (everybody shows the victory sign and grins).